Cox Cable Box Error Codes – get rid of them
Cox is undoubtedly one of the best services out there. You can enjoy your internet, TV, and other important services in one place. It has made our busy lives way simpler and easier, but with all those features and benefits, errors and problems are most likely inevitable. However, these errors are very easy to fix, and in this article, we will look at some of the most common cox cable box error codes and provide easy-to-understand and simple fixes.
While these errors are very easy to fix, the problem is you will most probably hit these errors at the most crucial time, which makes these errors some of the most irritating issues. Still, you don’t need to worry about anything. Before you call the because help center and go through the process of troubleshooting and fixing the problem, we have compiled this list of the most common error codes and their solution to save you time, so stick with us until the end of this article. You are surely going to save a lot of time. Also, read if you want to know Spectrum cable box error codes.
How To Fix Common Cox Cable Box Error Codes
This section will discuss the possible fixes of some of the most common Cox Cable Box Error Codes. Each Error code is related to a unique Error code, so look at your error code and find the fix in this list.
How to Fix Error Code RDK-03003
Some settings and configurations are used to make a stable connection to the internet service provider, and these settings and configurations are cached in the router. The error code RDK 03003 may occur due to the configuration settings being corrupted.
Another common issue that can error cause RDK 03003 is a bad power outlet, and the device is not getting the proper power. Other than that, loose cox cable can also cause this issue. So to solve this issue, follow these simple steps.
- Unplug all setups of the Cox Cable Box, Router, and other wires from the power outlet.
- Now we need to Press and hold the” Power” button of both router and cable for at least 30 to 40.
- Leave the whole system for a few minutes.
- Now, re-plug all the devices again and start the internet service.
If it doesn’t fix the issue, try to change the power outlet and try on another outlet. Other than that, you may need to replace the cables as well.
How to fix Error Code aaa-200
- Error Code aaa-200 indicates the Panoramic WiFi issue. Just follow these steps, and this error code will be fixed.
- You need to log into your Cox Account by going here https://www.cox.com/ibill/home.html.
- Go to the “My Profile.”
- Now select “Manage Users.”
- Here we need to add more users o select “Secondary User.”
- Fill in all the required fields.
- Just click on “Add Secondary User.”
Steps to Fix Cox Error Code 15
To fix the Cox Error code 15, follow the steps below:
- Go to your windows Desktop
- Now hit the “Windows + R” and a run application will prompt.
- Enter the immediate. CPL and click on “OK.”
- A new Prompt will open, and this time select “Internet Time.”
- From there, you need to click on “Change Settings.”
- Another prompt will open, and this time you need to check the “Synchronize With an Internet Time Server.”
- Change the server to “time.windows.com” and click on “OK”
- Go back to the “Date and Time” Tab. change the Time zone and confirm if it is correct or not.
Fix Cox cable box Error Code 1a09
To fix the Cox Error code 1a09, we need to power cycle our modem and router, but this power cycle will last a long time.
To perform the power cycle on the cox router and modem, follow these steps:
- Turn your router off and unplug the router cords.
- Unplug the “Modem” as well.
- Unplug both devices from the power outlet.
- And leave both devices for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Plug your router and modem back into the outlet and plug all the codes.
- If your Cox router or modem has the “Reset” button, click on it.
- Now Restart the Device.
Why you are getting Cox cable box errors
In this section, we will tell you about some common reasons why the cox error occurs in the first place, so look at them and see if you are doing something wrong.
Cox Mini Box Issues
The errors in Cox Mini Box happen due to connection issues between cables and the configuration of the mini box. This is one of the main reasons why cox users face these errors. If you are constantly seeing the errors, there is the possibility that something is going wrong with either the configuration or cable connections of the Cox Mini Box.
If your cox devices are causing the issues at the same time, the problem may be with the cox wireless router, as this is the primary device that keeps connections between all the cox devices in your house. And only one router problem is enough to get you a lot of error codes in your Cox Devices.
Cox Cable Connections
As the title explains itself, there is a high possibility that a lot of time, cox cables are disconnected or removed accidentally, or it can happen even if the cable is loose and will affect the Cox devices, and you will see some cox error codes.
There are also chances that your cable is old and rusting, causing the problem. Despite whatever is wrong, there’s always a problem with the cox cables connection.
Last but not least, servers also play a significant role in cox cables. Although it is very rare and hard to see a server problem, it is possible that the server is down or something is wrong with the server, which can be why you are getting cox cable error codes.
So these are some of the most common reasons for cox error codes. Let’s not get into the solutions of some of the most common error codes you will see.
So this was all about the cox cable box error codes and their fixes. These Error codes are always associated with the problem and are usually very easy to fix. If you tried a lot of fixes and the error code is not going, then we recommend contacting the Cox Customer Care Center.
Cox Cable Box Error Codes FAQs
Why is my Cox TV box not working?
There could be a lot of reasons why your Cox TV box is not working either the issue is with the Cox TV channels, The Contour Box, or it can be the mini box. The first step to fix the problem with your Cox TV box is to power cycle the TV box. To do that, unplug the device from the power outlet. Wait for 5 to 10 minutes, then plug your device back in and start the device.
How do you reset your Cox cable box?
To reset your Cox Cable box, follow these steps:
- Unplug your Cox Cable box from the power outlet.
- Press and hold the power button for five seconds
- Plug your cox cable box back in.
- Find if your Cox Cable box has the “Reset” button press it
- Restart your Cox Cable box.
How do I fix my Cox contour box?
To fix your Cox Contour Box, follow these steps:
- Power Off your TV.
- Unplug the Cox Contour Box.
- Unplug the DMI cable from the Contour Strem player.
- Plug the HDMI and Power cable back in.
- Turn your TV back on.
- Wait for the 10 Minutes
What does Cox code RDK 03003 mean?
This Error occurs when the device is not getting the proper power supply. Just try to replace your Power Outlet and then try again.
What does error code RDK 03030 mean?
The error code RDK 03030 means that the XG1 DVR needs to be restarted, so restart the gateway, and the error code should be fixed
What may cause an RDK error?
The RDK error is usually caused by an Insufficient Power supply or a bad power outlet. Try your device on another outlet and see if the Error is still there.
How do I fix the error code RDK 03036?
To fix the Error Code RDK 03036, you need to power cycle your TV box; to do that, just Unplug your TV for at least 5 minutes and then plug it back again and restart it.
What does the code RDK 03032 mean?
Usually, the Code RDK 03032 Is temporary, so you don’t need to worry about turning your device off for a few minutes to see if the problem is fixed.